18 November 2021
Keolis Group announces its ambitious and measurable goals to play its part in the Energy Transition.
By 2030, Keolis aims to:
- Reduce carbon intensity per km linked to traction by 30% in 2030 compared to 2019
- Double the share of km travelled with alternative energies (bus & coach) by 2025
- Grow ISO 14001 certified revenue generated from 44% in 2020 to 80% in 2030
As a leading operator and integrator of mobility solutions, Keolis is making clear commitments to tackle Climate Change and reduce the impact of its activities on the environment.
Keolis Group already operates close to 1,000 electric buses around the world, and hydrogen buses since 2019.
In Australia, Keolis Downer has embarked on an exciting journey to become the largest operator of electric public transport vehicles in Australia, with large-scale deployments of electric buses with a pipeline of 200+ ebuses to implement in the next couple of years.
To deliver on its ambition and support PTAs in their energy transition goals, Keolis Downer has established an “Energy Transition Center of Excellence (ETCoE) that:
- Brings together all skills necessary to support PTAs in their projects, from design to delivery.
- Accelerates best practice sharing locally and internationally, fosters foster innovation and brings the best experience to deploy electric buses and hydrogen buses in Australia
- Develops a local ecosystem of partners to encourage local upskilling and local manufacturing.
- Recruits and trains staff and graduates to develop skills in Australia
To find out more visit: https://www.keolisdowner.com.au/energy-transition/
“Our Energy Transition Center of Excellence cements Keolis Downer’s commitment to accelerate the energy transition with large-scale deployments in public transport and is a significant moment for the business” Keolis Downer CEO David Franks said. “We are committed to accelerating the energy transition in Australia and supporting PTAs in delivering more sustainable transport options to local communities.”
About Keolis Downer
Keolis Downer is a leading operator and integrator of public transport in Australia. With nearly 5,000 employees and a presence in five states, Keolis Downer enables 350 million passenger journeys per year. We operate and maintain the largest tram network in the world in Melbourne (Yarra Trams), the light rail network on the Gold Coast (G:link), and more than 1,000 buses in NSW, Western Australia, South Australia and Queensland. We will also operate the Adelaide Metro train services. Established in 2009, Keolis Downer is a joint venture between Keolis, a leading public transport operator established in 16 countries, and Downer, the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand.
|ALL MEDIA ENQUIRIES: Segolene Deeley – Director Corporate Affairs +61 421 929 334 / email@example.com|